Washington, DC 20003 email@example.com
Licensed District of Columbia Tour Guide October 2011 – Present
- Certified an interpretive guide by National Association of Interpreters
- Certified by the city to give historical tours of Washington D.C., and the surrounding area.
- Member of the Guild for Professional Tour Guides (Washington D.C.)
- Volunteer with U.S. Capitol Historical Society
- Worked for various companies including: Gerber Tours, Academic, Capitol City Events, American Travel International (ATI), Educational Tours, Capitol City Tours, and Washington Walks.
- Led tours of corporate, student, and international groups.
- Well-versed on the U.S. Capitol, as well as the National Mall.
- Designed Christian/Catholic Heritage tours of Washington D.C., geared towards children as well as adults.
U.S. Capitol Visitor Center, Washington, DC
Visitor Assistant April 2009 – Present
- Collaborated with the education department on a program called “Hooks and Artifacts; engages visitors on a particular aspect of U.S. Capitol History. Received an award by the Architect of the Capitol for innovation and creativity.
- Trained congressional staff on proper tour procedures (CVC Walkthrough), as well as informing them of the various amenities the CVC offers. Regularly contact congressional offices regarding missed tour times for staff-led tours.
- Member of the Congressional Support Committee that advises CEO of agency on policy related to the Congressional community at large.
- Lead tours of small groups within Exhibition Hall -the museum space of the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center.
Cultural Tourism DC, Washington, DC (2008)
Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA
M.A. in American History (May 2006)
Saint Vincent College, Latrobe, PA
B.A. in History, Minor in Philosophy (May 2004)